The Camden County Educational Services Commission, in partnership with PlayVS, launched the New Jersey Schools Esports League in October 2020. PlayVS’ robust platform allows any high school to easily build and manage teams, maintain schedules, and track stats — all with real-time support. PlayVS has the most popular titles available including League of Legends and Rocket League. Esports is an excellent way to provide high school students with much-needed camaraderie amongst their peers in a digital world.
During the 2020 – 2021 school year, New Jersey school districts can start their own Esports team for the introductory registration fee of $1,000. The registration fee is for the fall and spring seasons. There is no limit to the number of players on a team. Payments can be made by purchase order, ACH, credit card or check.
Enrollment for the Fall 2020 season is open.
- Now: Enrollment open
- October 16: Registration close
- October 19: Season starts
- November 15: Purchase order due
- December 12: Playoffs start
- December 17: Championships start
New Jersey Schools Esports League players are eligible to win more than $600,000 in scholarships. PlayVS is offering thousands in additional scholarships to teams who sign up during the 2020-2021 school year.
Sign up here to get started today or schedule a personalized consultation call with us to find out how esports can fit into your school.
This video provides step-by-step instructions on how to set up your team.
Esports League Goals
- Provide universal access for all students, regardless of ability or circumstance
- Provide connections to:
- STEAM Programs
- Physical and mental health awareness and experiences
- Teamwork, goal setting, and competition
- Gateway to college and career readiness
- Provide acquisition or development of functional skills such as social interaction, networking, planning, reasoning, problem-solving, leadership, competitive strategies, etc.
- Provide appropriate age, social-emotional, and culturally relevant experiences
- Provide a gateway to college recruitment and scholarship opportunities
- The Esports platform/system/services shall not involve a raffle, a game of chance or internet gaming or any other gaming that would violate the law.